Dreams To Reality Foundation aims to provide volunteers with quality, flexible, safe and highly affordable volunteering placements in South Africa. In addition to providing aid and assisting disadvantaged communities, our vision is to increase education and create awareness through the skills and expertise offered by volunteers from their selected communities and institutions, but also through the experiences and lessons volunteers will in turn take back to their own countries and cultures.
Click here to apply now!
What we're all about
Dreams To Reality (DTR) has volunteer placements located near central Cape Town. These placements are based in 2 different communities, namely, Capricorn/Vrygrond near Muizenberg and Imizamo Yethu near Hout Bay which are approximately based 30 – 40 minutes from Cape Town city centre. Where you are placed depends on the need for volunteers at the time you apply and also the placement you have chosen. Program begins on a 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. Volunteers can choose to volunteer for a period of 1 week up to 6 months. Volunteers must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the program or else be accompanied by an adult, caregiver, guardian or parent if less than 18 years of age. Volunteers wishing to participate on the Surf Outreach project must be competent swimmers. Volunteers wishing to participate on the Computer Teaching project must be computer literate. All volunteers on the South Africa program must take out adequate travel insurance for their trip. All volunteers must provide a criminal background check to DTR on arrival in South Africa.
- Make safe, quality international volunteer travel genuinely affordable while contributing and making a difference in our needy communities.
- Assistance to local communities and organizations through providing short term (one week to six months) international volunteers.
- Create awareness of issues in developing countries through first hand volunteer experiences.
- Authentic international volunteer travel experiences, achieved by living and working with local people, communities, organizations and families.
- Educate both local people (through volunteers) and volunteers (through their volunteer travel experience and interaction with local people).
- Provide an opportunity for people to experience different cultures and international travel affordably whilst making a difference.